AUSTIN, Texas - Emily Madden with H-E-B Cooking Connection puts a litte more green in a classic sandwich.
The recipe is as follows:
- 8 slices bread
- 4 slices Gouda
- 4 slices Havarti with peppers
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Salsa Criolla
- 1 cup baby spinach
- Heat skillet over medium heat.
- Add 1 Tbsp butter to pan and allow to melt.
- Place one piece of bread in pan, then layer havarti, then avocado, spinach, gouda, then last piece of bread.
- Cook for about 4 minutes, or until bottom piece of bread is golden brown.
- Carefully flip sandwich and cook for an additional 5 minutes.