Seven pieces from Comal ISD middle and high school art students received first place honors in their categories.
One piece, titled "Night Time Playfulness" by Canyon Lake High School student Trinity Bailey, took home Best of Show, with the judge commenting "Wonderful use of several media, beautiful colored pencil technique and color choices," says Comal ISD.
"Night Time Playfulness" by Canyon Lake High School student Trinity Bailey took home Best of Show. (Comal ISD)
First place honorees
- "Flow" by Priscilla Velazquez, Memorial Early College High School, Drawing Media, graphite – Judge’s comment, "Wonderful values and blending in this piece. Great job!"
- "Untitled" by Alexander Grimaldo, Smithson Valley High School, Digital medium, photography and digital art – Judge’s comment, "Beautiful work! Wonderful colors and forms. I know how difficult this is to do on the computer."
- "Neverending Emotions" by Madison Haning, Canyon Lake High School, Painting Media, acrylic and Sharpie – Judge’s comment, "Well balanced composition and nice use of lines and colors."
- "Never Forget" by Olivia Ann Weiser, Spring Branch Middle School, Painting Media-middle school, acrylics – Judge’s comment, "Nice representation of an elephant, wonderful use of shapes and values. The splatter added a nice sense of excitement."
- "Conflicted Interest" by Nicholas Henderson, Smithson Valley Middle School, Drawing Media-middle school, Pencil – Judge’s comment, "Great tittle, matches a great drawing and you used a variety of values."
- "Wired" by Cannon Edwards, CLHS, 3D media, wire and wood base – Judge’s comment, "Wonder form and use of lines."
- "Rusty" by Jacob Abrusley, Church Hill Middle School, 3D media, Longhorn red clay and amaco glaze – Judge’s comment, "True to name: Rusty – nice glaze and great forms. Shows skill levels about your age group."
"Wired" by Canyon Lake HS student Cannon Edwards won first place in its category. (Comal ISD)
Second place, third place and honorable mention awards:
- Kambryn Aguilar, CHMS, painting media, honorable mention
- Alexis Berger, CMS, painting media, 2nd place
- Deliah Renee Brown, CMS, drawing media, 2nd place
- Abigail Cabral, CMS, drawing media, 3rd place
- Saige Chiders, CLHS, dimensional media, 3rd place
- Trevor Dimas, SVHS, drawing, honorable mention
- Emma DeWitt, MECHS, painting media, 3rd place
- Sophia Engel, CMS, dimensional media, 3rd place
- Isaiah Fountano, SVHS, drawing, 3rd place
- Emily Ingram, SVHS, drawing, 2nd place
- Ashlyn Jordan, CLHS, dimensional media, 2nd place
- Dakota Rader, CLHS, dimensional media, honorable mention
- Rylee Reinarz, MVMS, painting media, 3rd place
- Miley Shea, SVMS, drawing media, honorable mention
- Olivia St Myers, SVHS, digital art, 3rd place
- Luca Yassa Garcia, CHMS, dimensional media, honorable mention