ORLANDO, Fla. (FOX 35 ORLANDO) - The opening dates for Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge at the Walt Disney Company's California and Florida parks have been revealed. The Millennium Falcon will be blasting off from Disneyland on May 31 and at Walt Disney World Resort on Aug. 29.
The massive Galaxy's Edge is a new 14-acre land at the Disney theme parks, featuring rides and experiences that thrust visitors into the world of the recent Star Wars trilogy and the fight between the Resistance and the evil First Order.
The marquee attraction is a massive replica of the Millennium Falcon, where guests can roam the ship's halls and engage in a dogfight with TIE Fighters. The Millennium Falcon is clearly visible in aerial views of the Disneyland attraction, as seen from SkyFOX on Thursday. (SCROLL DOWN TO WATCH)
Guests will also be able to build their own personal droids, light sabers and feast on Star Wars -appropriate food and drink.
Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger used his annual shareholders meeting on Thursday to announce the opening dates of the highly anticipated lands, which included this video teaser trailer below:
According to the Disney Parks Blog, guests planning to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland park in California between May 31 and June 23, 2019 will need valid theme park admission and will be required to make a no-cost reservation, subject to availability, to access the land. Information on how to make a reservation will be available at a later date.
A reservation will not be offered or required to experience Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at the Walt Disney World Resort at this time.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be open during normal park operating hours. It will not be included in Extra Magic Hour or Magic Morning at Disneyland Park. It will be available during Extra Magic Hours at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will feature two state-of-the-art rides: Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run and Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
The Millennium Falcon ride will allow guests to take control of the most famous ship in the galaxy. Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, which will open later this year, is being touted as an immersive and advanced attraction that puts guests in the middle of a battle between the First Order and the Resistance.
There will also be several locations for guests to purchase Star Wars merchandise.
- Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities: Dok-Ondar is the Ithorian you seek for selling and buying rare and uniquely-valued items from across the galaxy
- Savi's Workshop -- Handbuilt Lightsabers: Guests can customize and build their own unique lightsabers while being instructed on the ways of the Jedi and meeting Gatherers.
- Droid Depot: Visitors can construct their own individual astromech droids.
- First Order Cargo: A temporary hangar for the First Order that features crates of gear, uniforms, and other supplies.
- Resistance Supply: A make shift stall overseen by Resistance members and local sympathizers. Resistance uniforms, pins, badges, helmets, hats,and more can be purchased.
As far as dining locations, there is no shortage of places for guests to stop and grab a bite:
- Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo: Chef Strono "Cookie" Tuggs brings exotic flabors and unusual dishes to his traveling dinner 'Tuggs' Grub.'
- Ronto Roasters: A recycled engine fires up some exotic meats.
- Milk Stand: The place to go for farm-fresh blue or green milk from Bubo Wamba Family Farms.
- Kat Saka's Kettle: A market stall that sells Outpost mix (sweet and salty popcorn with a hint of spice).
Since the new land is based on the newest "Star Wars" trilogy, you can expect to see some familiar faces if you're a fan including Rey, Kylo Ren and Chewbacca, all waiting to guide your through their extraordinary world.