AUSTIN, Texas - Restaurants in Texas are struggling and many believe they'll have to lay off or furlough more workers.
To respond to the impact of COVID-19, the Texas Restaurant Association has created a "survival plan," urging state leaders for help. The needs include:
- creating a food service industry recovery fund
- awarding grants for sanitation training
- expanding regulatory waivers
- providing tax and fee relief
- enacting liability protections for businesses
- prohibiting evictions or foreclosures due to non-payment
- suspending any new mandates
- prohibiting delivery companies from charging restaurants predatory fees
Kelsey Erickson Streufert with the Texas Restaurant Association joins Marcel Clarke to talk about the association's restaurant survival plan and how they're asking for state leaders to help.