PFLUGERVILLE, Texas - The City of Pflugerville has announced that it is moving to Stage 3 Water Restrictions beginning Friday, September 13 at 10 a.m.
Officials say they are asking residents to conserve water and decrease daily usage due to the hot temperatures and lack of rainfall.
The plant has exceeded 90% capacity and officials say Pflugerville water customers must conserve now to avoid rationing in the future.
Under Stage 3, all water customers must follow a once a week watering schedule based on the last number of their address:
- Addresses ending in 0 or 1 may water on Mondays before 10 a.m. and from 7 p.m. to midnight.
- Addresses ending in 2 or 3 may water on Tuesdays before 10 a.m. and from 7 p.m. to midnight.
- Addresses ending in 4 or 5 may water on Wednesdays before 10 a.m. and from 7 p.m. to midnight.
- Addresses ending in 6 or 7 may water on Thursdays before 10 a.m. and from 7 p.m. to midnight.
- Addresses ending in 8 or 9 may water on Fridays before 10 a.m. and from 7 p.m. to midnight.
- No watering allowed on Saturday or Sunday.
Hand watering is permitted on all weekdays, regardless of address, with a hand-held positive shutoff nozzle or up to a five-gallon bucket before 10 a.m. and from 7 p.m. to midnight.
Car washing is only permitted at commercial facilities.
All customers must comply with the restrictions or risk a fine. Customers will receive warnings prior to facing administrative fees.
Enforcement will be as follows:
- First violation – customer given a yellow violation notice and information on the water schedule.
- Second violation – customer given a red notice, letter from the City outlining the water violation and a visit from city staff to discuss how to conserve and comply with the water restrictions.
- Third violation – customer will receive a letter from the City and a $100 administrative fee added to the customer’s water bill.
- Final notice – customer will be sent a certified letter from the City notifying them that their water will be disconnected. There is a $50 reconnect fee that must be paid before the water service is reconnected.
Report any watering restriction violations to the City of Pflugerville Public Works Department at 512-990-6400.
Tips on saving water are available at www.pfreshwater.com.