PFLUGERVILLE, Texas - Pflugerville police say they are investigating an incident on the trail at Pflugerville Lake where a woman was reportedly grabbed.
Police say they responded to the lake at around 10 p.m. on August 8 after a woman said she was grabbed by a male while on a walk. The woman didn't report any injuries and the suspect fled the scene before police arrived.
The man is described as being between the ages of 25-30 and was wearing no shirt and red basketball shorts.
Police continue to investigate and say they are patrolling the lake closely to ensure the safety of residents. They ask those who are participating in outdoor activities to follow some basic steps to help themselves be more aware of their surroudings:
- If wearing headphones, play your music at a volume that allows you to hear what’s happening around you, or only wear one headphone bud in your ear. If your vision of what is going on around you is impaired by darkness, you may want to forgo music altogether.
- If walking or running at night or on a secluded trail, consider going with a group.
- Keep your cell phone with you at all times in case you need to contact authorities to report suspicious activity or sustain an injury and are unable to walk back to your home or vehicle.
- Always tell at least one person where and when you are running or walking.
- Consider changing up your daily exercise routine by switching the direction of your route or alternating start times every few days.