AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) will resume a limited number of on-the-ground safety inspections and enforcement investigations beginning Wednesday.
All agency employees will continue to observe practices that limit the spread of COVID-19.
TDLR employees will:
- identify themselves and show their TDLR-issued ID
- make all reasonable efforts to practice social distancing
- wear masks during all inspections or investigations
- limit the distribution of paper forms or postings
- disinfect any equipment they use before entering and after leaving a facility or place of business
TDLR employees will not:
- ask any member of the public to remove their mask at any time
- require a signature on any document
TDLR says these temporary measures will be adjusted as needed based on guidance from state public health officials.
For more information on how TDLR is responding to COVID-19, visit the agency’s COVID-19 webpage.
FOX 7 Austin is working to keep you up to date with coronavirus, with both local and national developments. You can also get the latest COVID-19 news from around the country at coronavirusnow.com.