With now-viral post, woman hunts bar assailant

Image 1 of 2

Photo courtesy Amanda Comparetto 

Amanda Comparetto was out with her girlfriends for a bachelorette party at MacDinton’s Irish Pub on January 20, when a man -- who has yet to be identified -- punched her in the face and knocked her out, leaving her bleeding on the pavement as he ran off.

After months of no answers, the 23-year-old says she’s hoping the public can help identify him.

“I did not deserve this,” Comparetto said. “I didn't do anything to him, I don't think anyone deserves this.”

She says was assaulted by a man in a red shirt as she and her friends were leaving the bar.

“He grabbed one of the girls by her arms and said this is my wife I am taking her with me,” she said.

“My friend just shoved him off of her and said, 'What are you doing?' and he was like, 'This is my wife,' he just kept saying that. And I was trying to talk to the guy, saying, 'Leave us alone,' and the next thing I knew he punched me and I woke up on the ground covered in my own blood.”

She told police the suspect is the man seen in video recorded by her friend earlier in the night. The man is seen wearing a red shirt dancing to the right of a man in a white jacket. She handed the video over to St. Petersburg police, who say the investigation is ongoing.

"The only indication of what this guy looks like is from the back,” said Sanda Betil of the St. Pete PD.

“We have seen the video and have that of the back of the suspect, but we don’t know who he is. No one has been able to identify him.”

LINK: See the original post & video

Comparetto’s wounds have mostly healed, but she’s hoping her Facebook post on social media will help bring this story to an end.

“If somebody knows something or who he is, if they could please come forward and tell us who he is. We don’t have to tell who you are, it will be confidential,” she said. "But we just want a name so we can bring him to justice so he doesn’t do this to someone else."

The general manager of the pub says he has been cooperating with the police department and detectives. He said surveillance video didn’t capture the incident.