AUSTIN, Texas - The Lower Colorado River Authority says that to protect visitors and staff from the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus it will be closing all LCRA-managed parks beginning March 23 until further notice.
Visitor centers at LCRA parks are already closed and organized group activities have been canceled.
Officials say you can reschedule or cancel park reservations without penalty by heading to the LCRA website.
The list of parks on the LCRA website are:
- Black Rock Park
- Canyon of the Eagles
- Camp Creek Park
- Cedar Point Recreation Area
- Gloster Bend Recreation Area
- Grelle Recreation Area
- Hollywood Bottom Park
- Jessica Hollis Park
- Lake Bastrop North Shore Park
- Lake Bastrop South Shore Park
- Lake Fayette Oak Thicket Park
- Lake Fayette Park Prairie Park
- Matagorda Bay Nature Park
- McKinney Roughs Nature Park
- Muleshoe Bend Recreation Area
- Narrows Recreation Area
- Pedernales River Nature Park
- Plum Park on the Colorado
- Shaffer Bend Recreation Area
- Turkey Bend Recreation Area
- Vendor-Operated Parks
Get breaking news alerts in the FOX 7 Austin News app. It is FREE!