AUSTIN, Texas - Travis County Parks has updated its operations and will open additional parks, amenities, and boat ramps on a limited basis beginning Friday, May 22.
TCP will continue to operate its parks with day-use only access in order to provide "options for visitors to recreate in open space and trails." The park system invites the public to participate in passive recreational activities such as hiking and biking while encouraging park-goers to adhere to appropriate social distancing practices.
The following parks will be open for day use from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.:
- Reimers Ranch Park
- Pace Bend Park (Collier boat ramp only)
- Loop 360 Park (boat ramp open)
- Mansfield Dam Park (boat ramp only, no day-use activities)
- Arkansas Bend Park (boat ramp open)
- Cypress Creek Park (boat ramp open)
- Mary Quinlan Park (boat ramp open)
- Webberville Park (boat ramp open)
- Little Webberville Park (boat ramp open)
- Richard Moya Park (trails only)
- Northeast Metro Park (trails only)
- Southeast Metro Park (trails, fishing)
- East Metro Park (trails, fishing)
- Allen Park (trails only)
- Windmill Run Park (trails only)
Below are the amenities that remain closed in the reopened parks:
- Athletic fields, swimming pool, skate park, BMX tracks
- Commercial use of boat ramps
- Park playscapes
- Group shelters
- Water fountains
Get breaking news alerts in the FOX 7 Austin News app. It is FREE!
The following Travis County Park locations will remain closed:
- Hamilton Pool Preserve
- Bob Wentz Park
- Del Valle Softball Fields
- Hippie Hollow Park
- Sandy Creek Park
- Barkley Meadows Park
- Fritz Hughes Park
- Tom Hughes Park
- Selma Hughes Park
- Ben E. Fisher Park
TRP states that no groups larger than 5 people are allowed (except for families living in the same household) and the total number of park visitors at a specific park may be limited. In addition, day-use fees will be charged at fee-based parks and only a limited amount of public restrooms will available at most parks.
TRP says that the continued operation of the open parks will be determined by the ability to have PPE gear for staff, an adequate amount of staff present, and visitor compliance with park rules.
FOX 7 Austin is working to keep you up to date with coronavirus, with both local and national developments. Every weekday we're live at 12 p.m. with a special show reporting the latest news, prevention tips and treatment information.
You can also get the latest COVID-19 news from around the country at coronavirusnow.com.