AUSTIN, Texas - For one night only, 23 North American airports will come together for an online music festival.
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport will be hosting the JetStream Music Festival, a free multi-hour live stream. The stream will take place at 5 p.m. CST on Wednesday, May 6 on participating airports' Facebook Live.
Each airport will feature a musician local to their city in support of the creative community during the COVID-19 crisis. Participating airports include:
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS) – host
- Albuquerque International Airport (ABQ)
- Asheville Regional Airport (AVL)
- Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG)
- Dallas Love Field Airport (DAL)
- Evansville Regional Airport (EVV)
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
- Fresno Yosemite International Airport (FAT)
- Jacksonville International Airport (JAX)
- John Glenn Columbus International Airport (CMH)
- John Wayne Airport (SNA)
- Lehigh Valley International Airport (ABE)
- Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY)
- Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport (MKE)
- Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport (MSP)
- Philadelphia International Airport (PHL)
- Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT)
- Portland International Airport (PDX)
- San Diego International Airport (SAN)
- Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV)
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
- Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ)
- Yeager Airport (CRW)
The lineup features a diverse range of acts, representing each city’s unique music culture, says Austin-Bergstrom. The full lineup for the Festival will be released later this week. Austin’s Latin pop songstress Gina Chavez will perform and host the event.
Get breaking news alerts in the FOX 7 Austin News app. It is FREE!
Festival viewers will be able to tip musicians throughout the performance and learn about organizations assisting the communities in each city. Viewers can also join in the celebration using the hashtag #JetStreamFest.
Beyond the music, viewers will hear from leadership at many of the airports. Airports across North America remain open for essential travel and vital cargo. Employees in these facilities are working around the clock on enhanced cleaning operations, continued airport maintenance and operations, security, and more.
For more information—including how to tune in—click here.
FOX 7 Austin is working to keep you up to date with coronavirus, with both local and national developments. Every weekday we're live at 12 p.m. with a special show reporting the latest news, prevention tips and treatment information.
You can also get the latest COVID-19 news from around the country at coronavirusnow.com.