The officer was shot while working as a courtesy officer at a San Marcos apartment complex early in the morning on Saturday, Aug. 26.
The officer had approached a man and a woman outside of one of the buildings of the complex to investigate gunshots he had heard.
The man, 22-year-old Joseph Sifuentes, pulled out a firearm and pointed it toward the officer, firing at least two shots and hitting the officer once.
MORE CRIME NEWS
- Austin man involved in deadly hit-and-run crash in Leander arrested
- Taylor man found guilty of sexually abusing children, sentenced to life in prison
- Camnik Campbell murder: Family renews call for new leads one year after killing
- De'Ondre White murder trial: Text messages between accused shooter, friends presented
- Austin Arboretum shooting: 2 dead, including shooter, 1 other critically injured
Sifuentes was arrested by San Marcos police after they arrived at the scene. He was charged with Attempted Capital Murder of a Peace Officer and Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon.
Kyle Police Chief Jeff Barnett said he is "extremely grateful for the quick arrival of San Marcos Hays County EMS and the swift response of the San Marcos Police Department in locating the suspect and making an arrest."