GEORGETOWN, Texas - Williamson County says it's taking extra preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 with the goal of continuing essential county operations.
Starting at noon on Thursday, March 19, the county will close non-essential county offices to the public through Monday, May 11. The county says these offices will continue to serve the public and county operations by using technology, phones, email, mail, and drop-boxes as needed.
The first round of closures includes:
- Georgetown Tax Office, Georgetown
- Georgetown Annex, Georgetown
- Cedar Park Annex, Cedar Park
- J.B. and Hallie Jester Annex, Round Rock
- Taylor Annex, Taylor
- Williamson County Justice of the Peace Pct. 4 Office, Taylor
- Historic Courthouse, Georgetown
- Internal Audit Offices, Georgetown
- Commissioner Pct. 4 Office, Hutto
- Expo Center, Taylor
- North Campus buildings, Georgetown
- Central Maintenance Facility, Georgetown
- Parks and Recreation Admin., Leander
- Road and Bridge Facility, Georgetown
- Inner Loop Annex, Georgetown
- Williamson Museum, Georgetown
Beginning Friday, March 20 through Monday, May 11, the Williamson County Justice Center in Georgetown will remain open only for required judicial activities with some changes to building procedures. Any person entering the building will have their temperature taken by a bailiff, as well as the normal screening. Anyone found to have a temperature of 100.4 degrees or more will not be allowed in the building. Visitors should prepare to fill out an information sheet as part of these new procedures.
Jury trials have been canceled until Monday, May 11.
"Williamson County's priority is to provide continuity of operations of essential county services while maintaining social distancing practices, says the county. "We appreciate the public's support and patience as we modify procedures and reallocate resources in order to better adjust to this fluid situation."
Williamson County has set up a website to provide information on closures and updates. A call center is also available for questions Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 512-943-1660.