Police investigating deadly South Austin motorcycle crash
AUSTIN, Texas - Austin police said a man was killed following a crash in South Austin.
Police said on Sunday, May 7, at 7:12 p.m., officers responded to a crash between a SUV and a motorcycle in the 500 block of East Slaughter Lane in
The motorcyclist, 39-year-old Benjamin Garcia, was taken to a local hospital where he later died from his injuries.
The SUV driver was not injured and is cooperating with the investigation.
- Man dies in custody after crash on FM 969: TCSO
- Family of Texas State student shot, killed through wall while sleeping files civil lawsuit
- Deadly hit-and-run suspect sought after video shows car dragging motorcycle
- Texas man pleads guilty to sexually abusing four children
- Texas man pleads guilty to manslaughter after mistrial in March 2020 murder case
Anyone with any information should contact APD's Vehicular Homicide Unit at 512-974-8111. You may submit anonymous tips at austincrimestoppers.com or calling 512-472-8477.